LinkShare rotating banner

Saturday, September 22, 2012

To Compile UnionFS-fuse 0.26 on Debian Linux

I am trying to switch to unionfs-fuse for my live CD, but so far I haven't much success yet. Debian's unionfs-fuse package in Sid is outdated (version 0.24), so I compiled version 0.26. I had to install libfuse-dev in order to be able to build UnionFS-fuse. I probably needed cmake too, but I didn't choose to install cmake.






  • cmake
  • gcc
  • libfuse-dev
  • make


I edited Makefile to change PREFIX.



PREFIX=/usr
BINDIR=/bin
SBINDIR=/sbin


I just typed make to begin compilation.



make
make install


The following files are installed.



/usr/bin/unionfs
/usr/sbin/mount.unionfs
/usr/share/man/man8/unionfs-fuse.8


To make it compatible with Debian and derivatives, I renamed unionfs.



mv /usr/bin/unionfs /usr/bin/unionfs-fuse

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

KBlog logo This blog seeks to share useful information on freely available fonts on the Internet. Thanks for visiting the blog and posting your comments.

© Contents by KBlog

© Blogger template by Emporium Digital 2008

Followers

Total Pageviews

CyberChimps Professional WordPress Themes
Powered By Blogger